The ability to perform confidently and effectively in front of the media is not a skill which comes naturally to most. The pressure can be daunting, the potential pitfalls wide and varied.
Yet with schooling in the basic techniques, followed by practise in a controlled, professional environment, rapid progress can be made.
The end result can be positive publicity for the organisation, and welcome profiling of key individuals – whether this is in the realm of professional sport or business.
The Third Half’s introductory media training program is a mix of theory and practice, run over a period of between three and four hours, depending on the number of participants.
- Understanding the media agenda and requirements
- Developing a media strategy
- On-camera interview
- Reviewing the performance.
Key learning outcomes:
- Controlling the controllables – Preparation, planning, attitude
- Content and delivery – Saying the right thing in the right way
- Staying on message – Techniques to stay on message and in command of the interview.